Mecum 2012 Grand Finale In Kansas City Wraps Record-Breaking Year
Mecum Auctions’ most recent collector car auction in Kansas City, Mo., topped off a great year with an impressive $11.5 million in sales. The auction added to the incredible yearend total, which knocks at the door of the coveted $300 million mark. With 520 lots sold at the Kansas City Convention Center, a strong sell-through rate of 65 percent was reached.
Kansas City’s crowning achievement and top-sale was a 2012 Chevrolet COPO Camaro (Lot S135.1). This purpose-built, factory drag car hammered at $140,000. The Twister Specials, built exclusively for the Ford Kansas City Sales District dealers, refused to be outdone in their own hometown and the 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Twister Edition 428 CI Super Cobra Jet (Lot S89) also brought in a $140,000 sale, tying for the top spot. In total, the successful auction brought in $11,443,091 for the three-day event.
The Top Ten Sales Results for Kansas City, Mo., Auction
- 2012 Chevrolet COPO Camaro (Lot S135.1) at $140,000
- 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Twister Edition 428 CI (Lot S89) at $140,000
- 1970 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Twister Edition 351 CI (Lot S90) at $130,000
- 1969 Chevrolet Camaro Pro Touring (Lot S74) at $125,000
- 1968 Shelby GT500 Convertible (Lot S68.1) at $120,000
- 1935 Cadillac 355D Convertible (Lot S82) at $117,500
- 1971 Pontiac GTO Judge (Lot S111) at $92,500
- 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Split Window Coupe (Lot S76) at $87,000
- 1969 Pontiac GTO Judge Ram Air IV (Lot S109) at $82,000
- 2009 Chevrolet Corvette Convertible 1967 Conversion (Lot S63) at $81,000
Kansas City served as a strong close to the great success of Mecum’s 2012 auction season. With 16 such auctions this year, Mecum has more than doubled the amount of cars offered, as well as yearly sales since 2010. With nearly 12,000 cars offered, bringing in a grand total of $291 million in sales, Mecum Auctions continues to earn its title as the world leader in live auctions of collector car and road art sales.
For more information on Mecum or its past or future auctions, call (262) 275-5050 or visit www.Mecum.com.
About Mecum Auctions
The Mecum Auction Company has been specializing in the sale of collector cars for 25 years, now offering more than 12,000 vehicles per year. Mecum Auctions is the world leader of collector car, exotics, vintage motorcycles and road art sales. Auctions are held throughout the United States and broadcast live on Velocity, Discovery Network. For more information, visit www.Mecum.com or call (262) 275-5050. Like, comment or share on Facebook at facebook.com/mecumauction or join the conversation on Twitter @mecum.