CELEBRITIES JEFF GORDON AND BUBBA WATSON ALONG WITH FORD AND GENERAL MOTORS DONATING VEHICLES FOR CHARITY
- NASCAR racing legends Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham will auction a 1999 No. 24 Pepsi Chevrolet Monte Carlo (Lot #3007) to benefit Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation
- Professional golfer and Masters champion Bubba Watson is donating a ‘39 Cadillac LaSalle C-Hawk Custom Hardtop Roadster (Lot #3005) to benefit Birdies for the Brave
- Barrett-Jackson consigner Joe Riley is donating a ’79 Oldsmobile Cutlass Hurst Coupe (Lot #3004) to support the Cancer Research Fund at TGEN in memory of Russ and Brian Jackson
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz. – Jan. 2, 2015 – Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car AuctionsTM, will host an eclectic line up of vehicles that will cross the block at No Reserve to benefit local and national charitable organizations during its Scottsdale auction Jan. 10-18, 2015, at WestWorld in Scottsdale, Ariz. Among the most anticipated vehicles consigned will be Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham’s 1999 No. 24 Pepsi Chevrolet Monte Carlo (Lot #3007) and PGA Tour champion, Bubba Watson’s ’39 Cadillac LaSalle C-Hawk Custom Hardtop Roadster (Lot #3005).
“We’re grateful to those who chose our Scottsdale auction as a way to help some truly amazing charities,” said Craig Jackson, chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “This year we’ll sell some very significant vehicles, including Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham’s No. 24 race car for charity. I’m especially pleased that one of our consignors, Joe Riley, is donating a ’79 Hurst Cutlass to support The Cancer Research Fund at TGEN in honor of my father, Russ and brother, Brian.”
NASCAR racing legends Jeff Gordon and Ray Evernham will auction a 1999 No. 24 Pepsi Chevrolet Monte Carlo (Lot #3007) to benefit Jeff Gordon Children’s Foundation. Gordon’s car won the inaugural Busch Series event at Phoenix International Raceway in 1999. The team’s Pepsi-sponsored cars ran six races with Gordon as driver and Evernham as crew chief.
Professional golfer and two-time Master’s champion Bubba Watson is donating a ’39 Cadillac LaSalle C-Hawk Custom Hardtop Roadster (Lot #3005) to benefit Birdies for the Brave. This custom LaSalle C-Hawk is a hand-crafted all-steel car with custom tube frame and a retractable hardtop. Under the hood it features a fuel injected, supercharged 556hp Cadillac LSA engine with 6-speed automatic transmission and custom Borla exhaust.
“It’s exciting to see how collectors and manufacturers alike have embraced the Barrett-Jackson stage to help aid charities that are uniquely important to each one of them,” said Steve Davis, president of Barrett-Jackson. “From supporting our military veterans to helping find a cure for cancer and diabetes, Barrett-Jackson is proud to play a role in helping these organizations fulfill their worthy missions.”
A historic ’79 Hurst Oldsmobile (Lot #3004) was generously donated back to The Cancer Research Fund at TGEN in memory of Russ and Brian Jackson so that it may be auctioned once again for charity. This Olds is one of the last Hurst vehicles that was presented to Linda Vaughn, known as Miss Hurst Golden Shifter since 1966, for her dedication to the Hurst brand.
One of 12 built by GM, the popular 1950 Futurliner (Lot #2501) will be donated by Ron Pratte to benefit the Armed Forces Foundation. Pratte, a Vietnam Veteran chose to benefit AFF as it was established to protect and promote the physical, mental and emotional wellness of military service members, veterans and their families.
Other notable vehicles being auctioned for charity in Scottsdale include:
- The first production unit of the new generation Shelby GT350 (Lot #3008) donated by Ford Motor Company to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation
- The first retail 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Convertible (Lot #3006) donated by GM to benefit United Way
- The first retail production unit 2016 Cadillac CTS-V (Lot# 3003) donated by GM to benefit College for Creative Studies
- A 2014 Victory Cross County 8-ball Custom Motorcycle (Lot #3009) anonymously donated to Ride to Recovery benefiting wounded veterans and healing heroes
- A 2015 BMW 30th Anniversary M5 – Special Edition (Lot #3002) donated by BMW to benefit BMW Car Club of America Foundation
- A 2015 Jeep Wrangler Custom SUV (Lot #3001) donated by SEMA to benefit ChildHelp and Victory Junction