Barrett-Jackson Revs-Up to Return to Palm Beach for 10th Annual Collector Car Auction
Weekend Event to Kick-off with Fun, Family-Friendly Festivities
PALM BEACH, Fla. – March 1, 2012 – Barrett-Jackson, “The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions,™” is pleased to announce the return of its renowned Palm Beach auction April 5-7, 2012 at the South Florida Fairgrounds. As its only collector car auction on the East Coast and the celebration of Barrett-Jackson’s 10th anniversary in Palm Beach, this year’s event is sure to bring thousands of visitors from South Florida and beyond to view millions of dollars’ worth of Classics, Muscle Cars, Hot Rods, Resto-Mods, Exotics, and Contemporary Collectibles as they cross the auction block.
SPEED will broadcast more than 20 hours of live, high-definition TV coverage of the Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach auction Thursday through Saturday, April 5 – 7. The hours will be from 2 p.m. to 8 p.m. on Thursday, April 5 and Friday, April 6 and from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. on Saturday, April 7. All hours listed are Eastern Standard Time.
Barrett-Jackson week in Palm Beach will kick-off with a fun-filled, free night at CityPlace on March 31st from 4-7 p.m., featuring giveaways and discounted tickets to the 3-day auction. The always popular Cruise-In will take place on April 1st at Wayne Akers Ford from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event is free to the public and all makes and models are welcome. Automotive enthusiasts just need to bring their collector cars…and their cameras! The first 100 registered entries will receive two complimentary tickets to the 10th Annual Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction at the South Florida Fairgrounds. Hot dogs, hamburgers and refreshments will be on sale to benefit Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, along with a “split-the-pot” raffle and live entertainment.
“Barrett-Jackson Palm Beach is sure to be an exciting celebration this year as we toast our 10th anniversary with loyal friends and supporters in South Florida,” said Chairman and CEO Craig Jackson. “Additionally, the diverse offering of collectible cars will warrant attention and interest from longtime auto enthusiasts, as well as new visitors.”
Highlights of the lots to be featured in Palm Beach include:
- 1958 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham 4 Door Sedan (VIN 58P060521) – All original in great condition. One of the finest originals in the country. Extremely rare and loaded with factory 3×2 carburetors.
- 1958 Chevrolet Impala Convertible (VIN F58N160753) – Original Code 923 Rio Red vehicle. 348cid engine upgraded with Tri-Power carburetors, frame-off restoration completed 900 miles ago, 280hp.
- 1971 Mercedes-Benz 280SE 3.5 Cabriolet (VIN 11102712001061) – Equipped with a 230hp fuel-injected V8 with automatic transmission and 4-wheel disc brakes.
- 1956 Ford F-100 Custom Pickup (VIN F10V6K22677) – The Green Machine is a one-of-a-kind masterpiece. Numerous awards and honors, national television and magazines. Over 7,000 hour of labor to design and build. Included with this beautiful truck is the copper wrapped display stand. Truckin’s Top 10 Trucks of 2011.
- 1959 Chevrolet Corvette Custom Convertible (VIN J59S106390) – 1959 Corvette body covered in mirror-like Frost Blue with silver coves on a new SRIII chassis with all modern Corvette suspension and drivetrain. Features a 350hp LS1, 4-speed automatic, power steering and power 4-wheel disc brakes.
The Opening Night Gala will kick off the event on Wednesday, April 4th at 7:00 p.m. and will allow guests to enjoy cocktails, hors d’oeuvres and live music while gearing up to view the highly coveted horsepower. Tickets are $75 each, additional fees apply. From Thursday, April 5th at 8 a.m. until Saturday, April 7th, the Fairgrounds will be filled with exhibitors, displays, activities and entertainment For more information and to purchase tickets, please visit www.barrett-jackson.com/palmbeach/tickets/.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Barrett-Jackson specializes in providing products and services to classic and collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts around the world. The company produces “The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™” in Scottsdale, Ariz., Palm Beach, Fla., Las Vegas, Nev. and Orange County, Calif. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance offering for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit www.barrett-jackson.com or call (480) 421-6694.
Each description contained herein is provided by the consignor for the purpose of describing the item offered for sale. The accuracy of a description is the responsibility of the consignor and Barrett-Jackson is not responsible for any errors contained in a description or for the failure of a consignor to produce any item for sale. Please conduct your own inspection before making a purchase and refer to the Barrett- Jackson website for complete terms and conditions of sale.
Maru Bazua, Tilson PR Jarrod Holland, JMPR
Account Executive Media Relations Specialist