Barrett-Jackson Announces Featured Vehicles Scheduled To Cross The Block At Upcoming Las Vegas Auction
The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions Offers Something for Everyone with Auction
September 20-22, Carroll Shelby Tribute and Preview of Salon Collection Vehicles
Scottsdale, Ariz. – (September 14, 2012) – Building upon its mantra of “Something for Everyone,” Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™, announced today unique feature vehicles scheduled to cross the block at the upcoming Las Vegas auction held at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, September 20-22, 2012.
The feature vehicles are as follows:
- Lot #664 1964 Chevrolet Corvette Custom 2-door Coupe 1964 Corvette with the 1967 Corvette big block lock. Powered by a 350hp LS2 and Tremec 5-speed transmission. Features a Street Shop chassis with all modern Corvette suspension and drivetrain, power steering and power 4-wheel disc brakes.
- Lot #671 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 429 Fastback This very rare, matching numbers Grabber Orange BOSS 429 Mustang has been rotisserie restored to its original showroom condition. Built by Ford and upgraded by Kar Kraft for NASCAR use, this is KK 429 NASCAR 2503. Documented with a Marti Report.
- Lot #667 1950 Packard Victoria Custom Convertible Three year incredible build. 4-wheel coilovers and 4-wheel disc brakes. Corvette 350 LT1 engine, test and tweak miles. Easily cruises at highway speeds. Quality build on an incredibly rare 1950 Packard.
- Lot #670 1970 Plymouth HEMI Superbird 2-door Hardtop This matching numbers 1940 426 HEMI Superbird has only 20,846 original miles. It is fully documented by its Broadcast Sheet, over 600 restoration photos, all restoration receipts and is Galen Govier certified.
- Lot #673 1966 Austin-Healey 3000 Mark III BJ8 Convertible A fully documented, total rotisserie, frame-off, nut and bolt restoration by premier marque specialist Kurt Tanner Restorations. A Metallic Golden Beige and red car with stainless wire wheels and 4-speed overdrive transmission.
- Lot #638.1 1962 Austin-Healey 3000 Mark II BT7 Roadster Tri-carb roadster in Healey Ice Blue over Ivory White and navy trim and top. Kurt Tanner Restorations car just completed. 4-speed with overdrive and wire wheels.
- Lot #658.1 1948 Chrysler Town & Country Convertible Fresh with a frame-off full rotisserie, the Town & Country convertible is finished in Deep Forest Green with new ash and mahogany wood body. The tan/green interior is also outfitted with new leather and cloth.
- Lot #654 1954 Kaiser Darrin Roadster Only 435 Kaiser Darrins were built in 1954. This car still has all of its original parts. It was number 284 off the assembly line. All restoration, including paint and upholstery, was done in 2010. Titled by engine number.
- Lot #669.1 1969 Chevrolet Camaro RS//SS Custom “Project American Heroes” This Camaro was professionally built by Route 66 Motorsports by New Lenox, IL with parts provided by over 25 major automotive aftermarket manufacturers from a rendering by Eric Brockmeyer. Documented in six issues of Super Chevy Magazine.
“For the fifth year in Las Vegas, Barrett-Jackson has consigned some of the collector car industry’s hidden treasures for enthusiasts of all levels to enjoy,” said Barrett-Jackson Chairman and CEO Craig Jackson. “We anticipate a very active and competitive bidding floor this year. We are sure to offer something for even the most discerning car buyer.”
“Las Vegas attracts both experienced and novice bidders while keeping the collector car spirit very much alive,” said Steve Davis, President, Barrett-Jackson. “We’re very excited to be back for another year in this vibrant city with our featured vehicles in addition to a great round-up of Shelbys.”
Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas will also provide guests with an extensive offering of Shelbys, which include:
- Lot #6600 1967 Shelby GT500 SE Super Snake Continuation Fastback A real Carroll Shelby GT500 SE Super Snake. This is one of only a few actually completed and will be included in the Shelby American Registry. Will be sold at approximately 6:00pm on Saturday, September 22, 2012.
- Lot #674 1970 Shelby GT500 Fastback 428cid Ram Air Super Cobra Jet with 4-speed finished in very rare Pastel Grey over black interior with less than 500 miles on a concourse level nut and bolt restoration. One of two equipped with these options and one of one shipped to Canada.
- Lot #669 1967 Shelby GT500 Fastback This vehicle has been rotisserie restored. Completely stripped and reassembled using as much FoMoCo parts as could be found at the time.
- Lot #665.1 1966 Shelby GT350 Fastback (Lot #665.1) This potent 289cid boasts over 400hp and is vintage legal for any event in the United States and Canada. One of the greatest things about 315 is it can be used as a race car or registered street car and driven on rallies.
- Lot #630 2008 Shelby GT500 KR Fastback (Lot #630) This Shelby CSM number 08KR0014 is equipped with every option and less than 400 actual miles. Complete documentation including a framed Window Sticker signed by Bill FDord and a Shelby Window Sticker signed by Carroll Shelby. MSP cost over $81,485
- Lot #637 2007 Shelby GT500 Super Snake Convertible (Lot #637) 63 actual miles, 46 miles are documented Shelby test miles. Black exterior with black and red leather interior. Super Snack package with all options and 630hp. This vehicle has always been stored in climate control garage.
In addition to the diverse offering during the Las Vegas auction, Barrett-Jackson looks forward to celebrating racing and car design legend Carroll Shelby’s accomplishments at the 42nd annual Scottsdale auction event in January, which would have been his 90th birthday.
“It is not often in this world that an individual becomes a legend and we know his spirit lives on with each Shelby we offer today,” said Jackson. “We welcome you to join us both in Las Vegas and Scottsdale to pay tribute to his iconic life, the legacy he left for the collector car hobby and moments that touched our hearts.”
“He deeply touched the lives of many of us at Barrett-Jackson through his friendship and devotion to our families, and of course through our mutual love of all things automotive,” added Davis.
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Barrett-Jackson specializes in providing products and services to classic and collector car owners, astute collectors and automotive enthusiasts around the world. The company produces “The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™” in Scottsdale, Ariz., Palm Beach, Fla., Las Vegas, Nev. and Orange County, Calif. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance offering for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit m or call (480) 421-6694.
# # #