Simon Cowell, Gene Simmons & Others Partner With Craig Jackson For Scottsdale Auction
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
High Resolution Images Available; Photo Credit Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Barrett-Jackson Welcomes Celebrities and Vehicles Affiliated with Film “2 Fast 2 Furious” Featuring the Late Paul Walker, Steven Tyler, Gene Simmons, the Late Michael Jackson, Kobe Bryant, Michael Schumacher, the Late James Gandolfini, Chad Kroeger and Film “Driving Miss Daisy”
SCOTTSDALE, Ariz., Jan. 7, 2014 — Barrett-Jackson, The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™, announced today the lineup of celebrity affiliated vehicles that will cross its auction block in Scottsdale as well as the expected presence of notable celebrities, including Billy Baldwin and Gene Simmons that are intending to play, to consign or to relish in the Barrett-Jackson experience. With the opening night gala only days away on January 13, car aficionados and those with a love to drive are anxious to take part in the lifestyle experience that is at every Barrett-Jackson auction. This year the company’s 43rd Annual Scottsdale Auction will be held for the first time at the all-new facility at Westworld of Scottsdale, January 12-19, a facility that boasts nearly 1 million square feet of auction facilities, vendors and non-stop entertainment.
“More and more, our Scottsdale auction, as well as our other three auctions, are drawing a greater attendance of celebrities as our brand becomes more global, as our reach enters new media markets and as consignors and bidders flock to our lifestyle events and our website,” said Craig Jackson, Chairman and CEO of Barrett-Jackson. “The celebrities joining us in Scottsdale for our opening night gala will enjoy a special charity auction hosted by Billy Baldwin and a performance by Bret Michaels. They will have a blast with an exciting week activities and auction items.”
At the opening night gala, Billy Baldwin will offer the ultimate 2015 Super Bowl package with all proceeds benefiting the Carol M. Baldwin Breast Cancer Research Fund. A 1987 Oldsmobile Firenza Warren Johnson’s NHRA Pro Stock Racecar will be auctioned with all proceeds benefiting the Darrell Gwynn Foundation. And a special performance by rock legend Bret Michaels will entertain guests well into the night. This night is a grand kickoff to a week of incredible cars and activities that make the Barrett-Jackson experience so memorable.
In addition to the cars listed below, singer Steven Tyler will be auctioning two motorcycles and NASCAR driver Rusty Wallace’s car will cross the auction block for charity. For further information on these and other celebrity related vehicles visit the Scottsdale 2014 Car List at www.barrett-jackson.com.
• Lot #1319.2 2008 BUGATTI VEYRON 2 DOOR COUPE – currently owned by Simon Cowell. In 2008 this was the fastest street legal vehicle in America.
• Lot #494 2001 MITSUBISHI EVO CUSTOM 4 DOOR – from “2 Fast 2 Furious” featuring the late Paul Walker. This is the actual car used for close up shots and one of the most recognizable cars on the planet.
• Lot #3006 1956 FORD F-100 CUSTOM SHELBY TRUCK – endorsed by Gene Simmons. Contains a Ford Racing supercharged 5.4 liter Shelby engine.
• Lot #5074 1986 FERRARI TESTAROSSA STRAMAN CONVERTIBLE – driven by the late Michael Jackson. This vehicle was driven by Michael in the Pepsi Commercial called “The Chopper.”
• Lot #1003 1963 CHEVROLET IMPALA CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE – previously owned by Kobe Bryant. Custom created by West Coast Customs and featured in Lowrider Magazine.
• Lot #5002 1972 OLDSMOBILE 442 CONVERTIBLE – previously owned by the late James Gandolfini of The Sopranos. A very rare special edition vehicle with a 350 Rocket engine.
• Lot #1279 1969 FORD MUSTANG BOSS 429 FASTBACK – owned by Chad Kroeger, the Grammy-nominated lead singer of Nickelback. A hand built car with an 820-S NASCAR engine.
• Lot #1049 1949 HUDSON COMMODORE 8 4 DOOR SEDAN – from “Driving Miss Daisy.” This is the actual car used in the 1990 award-winning movie.
• Lot #5023 1950 MERCURY CUSTOM – owned and built by actor Matthew Fox. Has won World’s Most Beautiful Custom with more than $400,000 invested and hundreds of documented hours of skilled labor.
• Lot # 5033 2006 MARINE TECHNOLOGY INC 39RP BOAT – “MOJO” is the authentic Miami Vice movie boat used by Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx in the movie Miami Vice. After filming, this boat was sent to Visual Imaginations for a paint job. MOJO is one-of-a-kind. Lots 5033, 5033.1 and 5033.2 sold as a package.
• Lot #5033.1 2003 HUMMER H2 CUSTOM CONVERTIBLE – This one-of-a-kind Hummer comes with all the extras. Custom paint, 20″ wheels and tires, DVD player, tow package, bikini top, step bars, brush guard and much more. The Hummer matches the MOJO Boat. Lots 5033, 5033.1 and 5033.2 sold as a package.
• Lot #5033.2 2007 AMERICAN TILT TRAILER – American Tilt trailer to be sold with the “MOJO” boat from the Miami Vice movie starring Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx with a matching customized H2 Hummer convertible with Miami Vice theme. Lots 5033, 5033.1 and 5033.2 sold as a package.
“The trust that is given to Barrett-Jackson by our consignors is always humbling,” said Steve Davis, President of Barrett-Jackson. “Our company has a long-standing tradition of working closely with our consignors. We cherish the relationships we have built with all of our consignors at the pinnacle of their careers and look forward to celebrating with them at this year’s Scottsdale auction.”
For more information about Barrett-Jackson, visit or call 480-421-6694. To purchase tickets, please visit .
About The Barrett-Jackson Auction Company
Established in 1971 and headquartered in Scottsdale, Ariz., Barrett-Jackson, the world’s leading collector car auctions and automotive lifestyle events, specializes in providing products and services to astute classic and collector car owners and automotive enthusiasts around the world. The company produces The World’s Greatest Collector Car Auctions™ in Scottsdale, Ariz., Palm Beach, Fla., Reno Tahoe, Nev. and Las Vegas, Nev., where hundreds of the world’s most sought-after, unique and valuable automobiles cross the block in front of a global audience. Barrett-Jackson also endorses a one-of-a-kind collector car insurance offering for collector vehicles and other valued belongings. With an unprecedented expert staff, including Craig Jackson, Steve Davis and Gary Bennett who have over 130 years of combined experience in the automotive field, Barrett-Jackson offers the most diverse and desirable inventory accompanied with trustworthy and transparent customer service. More information about Barrett-Jackson, including details on expanded television coverage on the FOX family of networks which includes the National Geographic channel, can be found at www.barrett-jackson.com, or by calling (480) 421-6694. ‘Like’ us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter @Barrett_Jackson.
Each description contained herein is provided by the consignor for the purpose of describing the item offered for sale. The accuracy of a description is the responsibility of the consignor and Barrett-Jackson is not responsible for any errors contained in a description or for the failure of a consignor to produce any item for sale. Please conduct your own inspection before making a purchase and refer to the Barrett- Jackson website for complete terms and conditions of sale.
FleishmanHillard / (704) 905-2912
Stacy Pearson/Tiffany Shultz
Up Agency / (602) 577-6888
# # #